Here’s a list of a few of the common questions we receive here at Pilates Blast. Below you’ll find answers to general questions, questions related to class offerings, details and structure — plus technical questions about signing up and joining.
ABOUT OUR CLASSES
WHAT IS MEGAFORMER™/LAGREE FITNESS™?
The Lagree Fitness™ Method is unlike any workout you have ever done before. Created by Sebastien Lagree, the muscle-quivering, total-body conditioning Lagree Fitness Method is responsible for shaping up celebrities and professional athletes worldwide. The Megaformer starts with the low-impact, muscle-toning principles of Pilates and adds elements of cardio all while turning the intensity on full blast bringing you the Lagree Fitness Method.
The MegaFormer™ provides an infinite amount of exercise options and encourages maximum exertion with zero periods of rest in order to promote effective muscle fatigue with no stress on the joints or back. Our classes combine key components of physical fitness – strength, endurance, cardio, balance, and flexibility training not only in one session, but in each and every exercise. Slow-controlled movements plus fast transitions from one exercise to the next allow you to maintain an elevated heart rate to keep you burning during and after class!
WHAT IS PILATES?
The Pilates Method is a system of exercises created by Joseph Pilates in the 1920’s. The fundamental principles focus on concentration, control, center, flow, precision, and breathing. It improves core strength, muscle tone, muscular balance and posture. Pilates also improves balance and flexibility all while staying low impact. It engages the person as well as the body; it develops and enhances stamina, posture, alignment and core strength for elite performance to everyday activities. Pilates is a great workout for all demographics.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEGAFORMER™ AND PILATES?
The biggest difference between Pilates and Megaformer™ is, Megaformer™ challenges your endurance while Pilates allows more dialogue to hone the mind-body connection. The design of the Megaformer™ creates a non-stop endurance and stamina-challenging workout, while Pilates has more cueing for alignment and specific muscle recruitment. Both workouts compliment each other. At Pilates Blast we feel Pilates provides the foundation to make Megaformer™ and all other workouts more connected and beneficial.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I ATTEND MEGAFORMER™ CLASS?
We recommend three times a week to allow your body proper recovery time, but some our hardcore clients love the workout so much, they attend class four – five times a week. Depending on your own fitness level and the intensity of your workout, you will need more or less time to recover.
ARE THERE DIFFERENT LEVEL CLASSES?
Our Megaformer classes are made for and welcome all fitness level types, however, we do offer fundamental classes for a slower paced class and advanced classes for a more experienced client. All our Pilates classes are built for any level and all our instructors are taught how to manage the workout for all different levels.
JUST STARTING OUT
I’M NEW, WHERE DO I START?
To sign up, click “book now”, you will be directed to Mind Body Online where all of our scheduling and payments are done. In the top right corner, click “sign up”. Create an account with us and find a time on our schedule that works for you. Book your class from there! E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions!
HOW DO I CREATE AN ACCOUNT?
Click on ‘book a class’ below. It will take you to Mindbody. In the upper right hand corner click the ‘Sign up!’ button and follow the instructions.
DO YOU OFFER BEGINNER CLASSES?
We offer a Megaformer Fundamentals class that is slower paced and teaches the basics to you. If you can’t make that class, we also recommend the Pilates on the Megaformer class as it is slower for beginners. However, if neither of those classes work for you, you are welcome to jump right into any class as our instructors are trained to teach beginners and advanced clients in any class and help you modify throughout the 40 minutes.
HOW EARLY SHOULD I ARRIVE?
Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your class start time. If it’s your first time with us, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior so we can introduce you to the machine.
WHAT IF I ARRIVE LATE?
It is recommended that you arrive at least five minutes before class. However, we understand that late happens. Just jump into class where your instructor has you going and they will try to catch you up as you go. However, classes must be cancelled 12 hours in advance or your class credit will be forfeited.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
We do not require that you wear socks with a grip on them but we do sell them at the studio for your convenience as many clients enjoy this feature! Wear comfortable clothes you can move in, just like you would wear to the gym.
OTHER EXERCISE & STUDIO RELATED QUESTIONS
HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO TAKE A PILATES BLAST CLASS?
16 years or older. Under 18, we require a signature for a parent or guardian.
CAN I TAKE A CLASS IF I’M PREGNANT?
Doctors do not advise to try a new workout while pregnant, especially something as core intensive as Megaformer. If a client was regularly taking Megaformer before they got pregnant, they can continue to come as long as they feel comfortable. The same goes for Pilates. However, many of our instructors are certified in pre and post-natal care. Please e-mail us for more information at email@example.com.
DO WE OFFER CHILDCARE?
Yes! We have babysitting everyday from 8 AM-12 PM. Please contact us if you have an additional questions regarding childcare at firstname.lastname@example.org.
$5/per child. No reservations needed.
STUDIO & AMENITIES
DO YOU HAVE LOCKER ROOMS?
We have cubbies in each of our rooms for you to put your personal items.
DO YOU HAVE SHOWERS?
No, but we do have bathrooms where you have ample space to change and freshen up!
DO YOU HAVE WATER?
Yes, we do! We have bottles in the fridge and the cubbies. We kindly ask you donate $1 to our water fund.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Instructors and classes are subject to change without notice. Please visit the class schedule for updates.
• All classes must be prepaid.
• All sales are final. Classes are non-refundable, exchangeable or transferable.
• Socks with grips are recommended for all classes and are available for purchase at the studio.
WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL MY CLASS?
• We have a 12 –hour cancellation policy. That means you can cancel up to 12 hours before class start time and the class will be credited back to your account for future use.
• Canceled classes cannot be switched within the 12-hour window, however you may show up as a walk-in for another class that same day and if a spot is available, it’s all yours!
• All sales are final. Classes are non-refundable, exchangeable or transferable.
• If you need to cancel a reservation, log into MindBody, go to My Info, click My Schedule and click Cancel next to the class time. If you have trouble cancelling or have any questions, email us at email@example.com.
WE ARE SORRY, BUT WE DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS. IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL WITHIN 12 HOURS OF THE CLASS START TIME, YOU WILL LOSE THE CLASS CREDIT.
WHAT IS THE WAITLIST AND HOW DOES THAT WORK?
• If a class you’d like to take is full, we highly recommend putting yourself on the waitlist.
• In order to do so, you must purchase a class or package. If you do not get a spot in the class, your account will be credited!
• If a spot opens, you will be added to the class and receive an email confirmation(please make sure you are signed up for e-mails).
• All classes have a 12-hour cancellation notice, so if you’re added to a class from the waitlist at the last minute, be aware the 12-hour cancellation still applies.
• The waitlist closes 12 hours prior to that class start time.
• If you no longer want a spot in the class, you need to remove yourself from the waitlist 12 hours in advance of the class. If you are added to the class and fail to remove yourself in time, you will lose the class credit.
View Schedule • Purchase Packages • Purchase Sessions